HORIZONTALJUMPS - General Conditions
1. In all horizontal jumping events, distances shall be recorded to the
nearest 0.01m below the distance measured if the distance measured
is not a whole centimetre.
2. The minimum length of the runway shall be 40m. It should have a
minimum width of 1.22m and a maximum width of 1.25m. The
runway should be marked by white lines 5cm in width. Where
conditions permit the length of the runway shall be 45m.
3. The maximum allowance for lateral inclination of the runway shall
be 1:100 and the overall inclination in the running direction 1:1000.
4. The wind speed shall be measured for a period of 5 seconds from
the time a competitor passes a mark placed alongside the runway,
for the Long Jump 40m from the take-off board and for the Triple
Jump 35m. If a competitor runs less than 40m or 35m, as
appropriate, the wind velocity shall be measured from the time he
commences his run.
5. The wind gauge shall be placed 20m from the take-off board. It
shall be positioned 1.22m high and not more than 2m away from the
6. The wind gauge shall be read as described in Rule 163.10.