Putting the Shot
1. The shot shall be put from the shoulder with one hand only. At the time the competitor takes a stance in the circle to commence a put,
the shot shall touch or be in close proximity to the neck or the chin and the hand shall not be dropped below this position during the
action of putting. The shot shall not be taken behind the line of the shoulders.
The Stop Board
2. Construction. The board shall be white and made of wood or other suitable material in the shape of an arc so that the inner edge
coincides with the inner edge of the circle. It shall be placed mid-way between the sector lines, and be so made that it can be firmly
fixed to the ground.
3. Measurements. The board shall measure 11.2cm to 30cm wide, 1.22m (±1cm) long on the inside, and 10cm (±2mm) high in relation
to the level of the inside of the circle.
4. Construction. The shot shall be of solid iron, brass or any metal not softer than brass, or a shell of such metal filled with lead or other material. It shall be spherical in shape and its surface shall have no roughness and the finish shall be smooth.
5. It shall conform to the following specifications: