The Rules for the Long Jump apply to the Triple Jump with the
1. The Triple Jump shall consist of a hop, a step and a jump in that
2. The hop shall be made so that the competitor lands first upon the
same foot as that from which he has taken off; in the step he shall
land on the other foot from which, subsequently, the jump is
It shall not be considered a failure if the competitor, while jumping,
touches the ground with the "sleeping" leg.
3. The distance between the take-off board and the far end of the
landing area shall be at least 21m.
4. For international competition, it is recommended that the take-off
board shall be not less than 13m for men and 11m for women from
the nearer end of the landing area. For any other competition, this
distance shall be appropriate for the level of competition.
5. Between the take-off board and the landing area there shall, for the
step and jump phases, be a take-off area with a minimum width of
1.22m providing firm and uniform footing.